This Policy was last updated on 25 May 2018.
We’ve tried to be as clear as we can be and to avoid unnecessary jargon, while including all the relevant information – but please do email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Eskimo Design aims to offer a transparent view as to how we use and store personal data in line with the GDPR.
You may at any time request the personal information that we hold, you may also request for your personal details to be deleted from our database or to unsubscribe to our marketing emails.
We promise to keep your data safe. We do not pass on or sell any data we collect on our website or mobile application to any other businesses or persons.
Eskimo Design hereby reserves the right to transfer any data collected in the event of an acquisition, full or partial, of the company or its assets.
What personal data we collect and what we do with it
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Your basic contact details: We collect your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and website address so that we can contact you about your radiators and towel warmers and keep in touch with you from time to time.
- Your usage details: We collect your usage data which may include your IP address, browsing history, searches you’ve made on our website, any enquiries you’ve made, etc. This data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
Your permissions and choices
You may choose at any time to change the information that you provided when you contacted, including your email address, telephone number etc. Please email email@example.com with your changes.
How long is your data held?
Any personal data you give us, or that we collect when you use Eskimo Design, will be retained by us for as long as it’s needed to perform its function. There’s no one-size-fits-all time limit, but we regularly review the data we hold to ensure it is still necessary.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service
- ensure we keep our website safe and secure
- ensure that we manage our website and services correctly, make enhancements, testing, research, data analysis and to introduce new services that we believe are of interest to you
- carry out our obligations in our terms and conditions and to provide you with the information, radiators and towel warmers that you request from us
- provide you with information about other services, competitions or products that you have already purchased or made enquiries about
- to provide you with information or services that we believe may be of interest to you
- provide you with an enhanced or more personalised experience when using our service
- provide customer support services to you
- notify you of any changes to the service, our terms and conditions, policies or your account
- measure and ensure that we are providing You with relevant products, offers and advertising
- fulfil delivery of a radiator, towel warmer or service to you
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails or by contacting us at Unit 53 Sydney Row, Spike Island, 133 Cumberland Road, Bristol, BS1 6UX, Telephone: 020 7117 0110, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we store your personal data
Your data is stored by our web hosting company Tangy Media. Unless you have turned cookies off, some data technology and social media companies (such as Google and Facebook) store your cookies; they do not have access to any personal information about you beyond your browsing habits.
The way we store and process data is compliant with the UK 1998 Data Protection Act, the 2018 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other relevant pieces of legislation. We always aim to comply both with the spirit as well as the letter of the law and to be responsible with your data.
Links to other websites
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
Subject Access Requests
If you’d like you can ask us to provide details of the personal information we hold about you, under the Data Protection Act 1998.
To request this information, please email us at email@example.com or write to Eskimo Design, Unit 53 Sydney Row, Spike Island, 133 Cumberland Road, Bristol, BS1 6UX.
Under GDPR, we have to provide you, as a “data subject”, with a readable copy of all personal data which we may hold about you, free of charge within a month of receiving your written request for us to provide it. Evidence or proof of your identity (for example, a copy of your passport, driver’s licence or current bills) may be required.
It is both in our interest and yours to store and process accurate personal data. If the data we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, where appropriate, you may have your personal data corrected by us on request by having it:
- Amended; and/or
Please contact us to update any of your personal data or to request access to your personal data by addressing the Information Officer at the following address or e-mail address:
Unit 53 Sydney Row
133 Cumberland Road